- To discuss the findings of the Government Accountability Office’s (GAO) review of the 2016 site tests and to address what steps the Census Bureau (Bureau) must take to correct problems identified from these tests.
- To understand the Bureau’s timeline for procuring the final IT products necessary for the 2020 census, and its efforts related to IT security.
- The Bureau has undertaken an effort to modernize how it conducts the decennial census in an effort to control costs.
- The Bureau’s modernization effort relies heavily on digital and IT based systems – raising concerns about the Bureau’s ability to procure, implement, and test the necessary IT products and services.
- GAO reviewed the 2016 site tests and highlighted potential issues in the process used to conduct field operations.
Witnesses and testimonies
|The Honorable John H. Thompson||Director||U.S. Census Bureau||Document|
|Mr. Kevin B. Smith||Chief Information Officer||U.S. Census Bureau||Document|
|Mr. David Powner||Director of Information Technology Management Issues||U.S. Government Accountability Office||Document|
|Mr. Robert Goldenkoff||Director of Strategic Issues-Cenus Issues||U.S. Government Accountability Office||Document|