- To evaluate how private and educational sectors are addressing the talent gap.
- To explore ways to close the talent gap.
- Modernizing the federal government’s IT requires investment in the talent necessary to identify, operate, and innovate federal IT.
- Recent reports will be discussed during the hearing:
- “Increasing the Effectiveness of the Federal Role in Cybersecurity Education” by the National Academy of Public Administration;
- “Sustaining a Competitive Edge in Innovation Through a World-Class Federal Science and Technology Workforce” by The White House National Science and Technology Council; and
- The Office of Management and Budget’s Federal Cybersecurity Workforce Strategy released in July 2016.
Witnesses and testimonies
|Dr. Joan Ferrini-Mundy||Assistant Director, Education and Human Resources||National Science Foundation||Document|
|Mr. Scott Montgomery||Vice President and Chief Technical Strategist||Intel Security||Document|
|Mr. Gene Bowman||Executive Director||Alamo Academies||Document|
|Mr. Emile Cambry||Founder||Blue 1647||Document|