- To explore the Department of the Interior’s (DOI) role in the recent U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) data breach.
- To review the DOI Inspector General’s (IG) recent investigative reports.
- DOI housed the OPM personnel file database that was recently breached.
- DOI IG recently conducted penetration tests of select DOI bureaus.
- The tests found 3,000 vulnerabilities.
- A lack of inventory of IT resources and no network segmentation between publicly facing websites and internal websites were identified as areas of high concern.
Witnesses and testimonies
|Ms. Sylvia Burns||Chief Information Officer||U.S. Department of the Interior||Document|
|Ms. Mary Kendall||Deputy Inspector General||U.S. Department of the Interior||Document|