- To determine the status of national tolling interoperability.
- To identify what remains to be done in order to develop, implement, and operate a national tolling system – as required by the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21).
- Enacted in 2012, MAP-21 made significant changes to the tolling provisions that reinforce the encouragement of high-occupancy toll lanes and congestion pricing.
- One of these provisions requires national electronic toll collection (ETC) interoperability by October 2016.
- The International Bridge, Tunnel, and Turnpike Association has examined ETC interoperability, with an early focus on selection of a single National Toll Protocol for transponders and reader equipment.
Witnesses and testimonies
|Mr. Jeffrey Lindley||Associate Administrator||Office of Operations, Federal Highway Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation||Document|
|Mr. Patrick Jones||Executive Director and CEO||International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association||Document|
|Mr. James J. Eden||President||Alliance for Toll Interoperability||Document|
|Mr. Thomas S. Knuckey||Tolls Technology Sector Manger||Atkins Global||Document|