WASHINGTON – Today, the Republicans on the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis released a report on President Trump’s whole of America response to protect American lives, reopen the economy, and defeat the virus.
The report, “President Trump’s Plan: A Whole of America Response,” dispels the Democrats’ partisan attacks on the Trump Administration’s strong leadership and response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It highlights President Trump’s numerous national plans tailored to specific situations that provided operational flexibility and rapid responses to ever changing situations.
“Speaker Pelosi and House Democrat leadership created the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis to legitimize their partisan attacks on the Trump Administration’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and they failed,” said Republican Whip and Select Subcommittee Ranking Member Steve Scalise (R-La.). “The facts clearly show that President Trump’s leadership during this unprecedented pandemic has our country on a path to a full recovery. President Trump followed the science to develop national plans that could be rapidly implemented to address an ever-changing situation. The dedication of President Trump and his entire Administration put America on pace for the fastest development of a safe and effective vaccine in history. Under his leadership, we will defeat COVID-19 and fully restore the greatest economy in our country’s history.”
The report examines President Trump’s swift action that resulted in the delivery and production of billions of personal protective equipment, the largest testing system in the world with over 110 million tests completed to date, the launch of Operation Warp Speed to deliver a safe and effective vaccine in record time, a plan to slow the spread of the virus, and a phased-approach to reopen and rebuild the strongest economy in American history. While President Trump saved lives, Democrats acted as speed bumps, slowing down the response and negotiation progress at every turn.
Key Takeaways from the Report:
- President Trump saved thousands of lives by restricting travel from China, Europe, and the United Kingdom early in the pandemic.
- President Trump took unprecedented action to harness the full power of the federal government and the private sector to procure and manufacture lifesaving personal protective equipment.
- President Trump made the difficult decision to take a targeted and temporary approach to slowing down the economy to save millions of lives.
- President Trump built the world’s strongest and most robust testing operation from scratch.
- President Trump built the greatest economy in American history before the virus hit and is leading the charge to safely reopen the country and bring all Americans back to work.
- President Trump is following the science and defending the health and education of the nation’s children by providing guidance to safely reopen schools.
- President Trump is working with experts to bring a vaccine to the American people faster than ever before by cutting unnecessary red tape while ensuring safety and efficacy.
- Anthony Fauci agrees, President Trump’s actions saved American lives.
- President Trump has a plan. It is an unparalleled Whole of America response to this pandemic.
Read the full report HERE.