WASHINGTON – Republicans on the Select Subcommittee on Coronavirus Crisis today released a new video highlighting the Trump administration’s early and continued response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The video features five facts the Republicans have gathered over the past several months:
- China lied about the dangers of COVID-19 while simultaneously hoarding PPE and allowing Chinese nationals – including thousands from Wuhan – to travel abroad.
- The Trump Administration responded immediately to the emerging threat.
- President Trump made tough, but effective decisions based on the best advice of medical professionals. The President’s decisions saved hundreds of thousands of lives.
- The Trump Administration has led an unprecedented effort to produce and distribute PPE, create the world’s best testing infrastructure, reduce fatalities through better treatments, and create a safe and effective vaccine faster than any in human history.
- Democrat governors ignored guidance from the Trump Administration and sent COVID-19 positive patients back to nursing homes, resulting in tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths.
For the full related report, “President Trump’s Plan: A Whole of America Response,” click here.